TrashTalker is a handy and entertaining application that gives you a sound board for the macOS speech synthesis engine. Many voices are pre-installed with macOS and therefore automatically available through TrashTalker.
TrashTalker is a fork and iterative-evolution of application formerly known as STP. This application has been enjoyed through the years by DJs that incorporate it in their shows, by kids calling their friends and other folks too.
- Custom text boxes can now be saved and thus are automatically pre-loaded when TrashTalker starts.
- Keyboard shortcuts allow rapid triggering of custom text entry speech.
- The random phrase list can be edited, saved, exported and imported (added by request of DJ users).
- Speech rate can be adjusted from insanely slow to pointlessly-fast.
- Built-in helpers to aid users in managing their installed Voices
- A simple audio recorder (System Audio-In recorded to file)
Trash Talker is available for sale here, on the App Store.
If you require assistance with the TrashTalker, you may contact:
[trashtalker] @ [protomatter] . [ca]
TrashTalker is a ground-up remake of the original Shit Talker by Jaundice. We’ve tried to stay close to the original app’s feature set, shifting the tone to be slightly more friendly, while adding a little functionality with the DJ crowd in mind.